Saturday, June 13, 2009

Funny Little Town

When you've lived in the desert as I long as I have, you forget that there's more to planet Earth than dirt and rocks. That beyond the legions of dust and fear of dehydration lies the beauty of the color green...from the tall and breathtaking trees to the off-beaten paths offering tranquility amidst your crazy life. This is all in my back yard.




















This is where I go running (I wish I could say everyday, but alas...) when I'm in the mood for an afternoon with Mother Nature. I love how green and lively it is. Along the one main road lies a cut off or two for the adventurous and the "need to get away from it all" types. Before noon you will see many runners, bike riders and walkers. For some reason, they all walk with sticks. Still trying to figure that one out.




It feels good to be out in nature, but still be a part of civilization. I'll be in Italy two days from now, where it will be hot and sunny and full of sand and water; something else in which I can't wait to indulge. Viva La Europe!

1 comment:

  1. LADY! I am loving your blog. It's so beautiful out there! I can't wait to hear about your trip to Italy. Ciao bella<3

    ReplyDelete