Monday, June 1, 2009

Welcome To My World

So week two is almost officially marked off the calendar, and I can now say that for the summer I am a European. Although one would hope to experience more than a quaint German village, I must say that the city girl in me is learning to enjoy the quiet life.
Boredom does kick in every once in awhile, but that happens without a mobile phone and a few friends to spend time with. As much as I’ve become accustomed to afternoons with my little munchkin Alexandra, I do thirst for the companionship of someone wiser than a 2-year-old.
I’m currently hording myself in a small village called Memmingen, about an hour’s drive from Munich. It has cute little shops, parks, woods, and somewhat friendly folks. Unlike the major city close by, very few people speak English here, or at least well enough to carry on a conversation, so it’s up to me to learn as much German as I can during my short tenure as a Deutschland resident.
I must say that my stories so far are dull, even in my head. Part of big city life is always having something to talk about. Life in Memmingen doesn’t really lend that opportunity, unless someone is at all interested in my crazy supermarket adventures, or Miss Alexandra asking me to go down the park slide 200 times.
What I need to do is become a fledgling photographer and document my adventures through pictures. Anyone care to see what I can find?

No comments:

Post a Comment