Monday, June 8, 2009

My Street

Godbless the hip and vivacious town of Memmingen. Everything closes at 8pm and nothing is open on Sunday, except for one particular restaurant. (Well, other restaurants are open, but this one in particular lets you drink past midnight!) And on holidays, which are like once a week, everything is shut down as well. So naturally, it's not the most exciting of locations, but I like it.


I love it when I can understand signs without being able to read them. While this is pretty self-explanatory, I've been able to pick up the language through reading. And sometimes, I can understand what people are saying, albeit bits and pieces!


The road from my street to the woods. On the left is a supermarket, the right more houses, and the front the railroad tracks that lead to the woods. The beautiful blond is my tour guide Alexandra.


I like the look of this door. So European. Plus I like the name of the street. It's so longwinded.


My house. If you walk past the shrub on the left, my room is at the back of the house, which leads to a beautiful back yard.

So I really do like it here. I'm getting used to sleeping in a small town where everyone knows everybody and everything, it's five minutes to get anywhere, and there's a local gossip girl! Too bad I can't understand anything she says.


1 comment:

  1. That is insanely cool... The house, if I didn't know any better could be out here in Vegas, except for the green of course!! I want that door!! All very cool... BTW... I'm keeping up with this thing now... So, be on your toes pretty lady!! ;)

    ReplyDelete